This course leads you through the role and functioning of a local church eldership and invites you to explore what this looks like in your context and the priorities for you at this point in time.
Leadership in the church is an issue with which every church and every Christian leader has to grapple, and in which our thinking and practice will go astray if they are not driven by a solid biblical-theological understanding. In this course you will walk through an overview of leadership in the Old and New Testaments. We will then home in specifically on the role, character and qualifications of elders, and then go on to examine how the gospel shapes leadership and hence eldership. Against all that background, the course will walk through the practicalities of selecting and training elders, and working together as a team of elders in leading the local church.
- Biblical overview of leadership (part 1)
- Biblical overview of leadership (part 2)
- Role of elders
- Character and qualifications of elders
- Gospel-shaped leadership: service
- Gospel-shaped leadership: love
- Leading the church
- Eldership in practice (part 1)
- Eldership in practice (part 2)