Pastor – Charlton Road Christian Church
|Organisation||Charlton Road Christian Church|
Charlton Road Christian Church is a small evangelical fellowship, (member of the FIEC), situated in North Birmingham in the middle of a large housing estate in Kingstanding, just five miles from the city centre. It has been established on the estate for over 80 years and has a history of active work amongst young people and children and has a reputation of good links with the local neighbourhood and being known as a caring, family friendly church. Its spiritual background is of a Christian Brethren Gospel Hall.
Although we are a small church, guest speakers, our mainstream congregation and visitors all bear testimony of a welcoming, relaxed and happy environment and our weekly All-Age Service has a wide range of people from the locality coming and enjoying being with us.
In order to strengthen our outreach, we are currently in the process of joining with a local missional minded organisation called Oikos Collective who are working in other, nearby areas of North Birmingham. To grow that activity and to make best use of those links and opportunities we are looking to appoint a full-time pastor to work with us in building up the work at Charlton Road.
We have come to the point where we need to be revitalised and are looking for someone to join and lead us in that work.
The church pastor will need the skillset and experience to be able to lead our church revitalisation to reach the surrounding neighbourhood with the gospel.
He will take the lead in developing our future strategy and directing and coordinating our church revitalisation initiative. He will be involved in leadership, providing pastoral care to the church membership and others, and leading the evangelistic work of the church.
The community surrounding the church is a large mission field in an urban-poor area and the church building is ideally situated to be a base and a centre for gospel outreach. We are looking to appoint someone who has a gift in making contacts and building relationships with people and who can help us make use of the building to reach the people in the neighbourhood. The need is for someone who has a heart for people of all ages, who can help build our contact and links in the local area.
In addition to the primary focus of working with the community, the pastor would share in the leadership of the church, participate in the teaching ministry and be involved in directing the future strategy of the church.
This is a full-time position for an initial three-year contract, with an annual salary of £29,500.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide accommodation.
- Leading: Working with the fellow elders to develop, grow and sustain the church.
- Evangelising: Help the church to engage in personal evangelism with the local community, to make contacts and build links with the aim of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pastoral: The pastor will be involved in the pastoral care of the church and the training and development of the membership to help equip them to evangelize in their spheres of influence.
- Community Outreach: The church building being in the centre of a housing estate is an ideal space for community work. This position will lead and help coordinate a plan for reaching out with the Gospel in meaningful ways to the neighbourhood. This will include mobilising the congregation to serve and to demonstrate God’s love and God’s grace to the people around.
- Preaching/Teaching: Sharing in the leadership and ministering of God’s Word to the church to support the growth of individuals and the church as a whole.
- First and foremost, evidence of a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and a deep love for His people, His church, and His world.
- Previous experience of working in a church leadership role, particularly in church growth and evangelistic outreach.
- Experience of working in urban poor areas in a leadership/growth position.
- Must live/move within close distance of church building
Please respond with details of CV and relevant experience, detailing the specific gifts and skillset you have that would fit the role.
Replies and requests for more details should be sent by email to email@example.com.